- 500g sponge finger biscuits.
- 600ml thick cream.
- 250g mascarpone cream cheese.
- 1/2 cup caster sugar.
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence.
- 500ml espresso/soluble coffee (sweetened with 6 teaspoons sugar)
- 3 Flakes/Cocoa powder.
- 1 teaspoon of Bailey's Irish Cream.
Add to a mixing bowl the thick cream,mascarpone,caster sugar,vanilla essence & Bailey's.Beat using an electric beater on high for 6-10 minutes.The mixture needs to form firm peaks.
Dip the biscuits into the coffee mixture, not too much as they will go soggy.
Make alternate layers of biscuits,cream mixture,biscuits cream mixture until the mixture is finished.Making sure the last layer is the cream mixture,
Top with crumbled flakes or cocoa powder.
Cover with foil and put in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
This recipe can be make without the Bailey's or you can use Tia Maria or another favourite tipple!